Manufacturing A New Product from an Invention
The difference between an idea and a product is manufacturing. A great idea makes no money until it is produced and sold in multiple units. Understanding the options of how your idea can be manufactured can put additional money in your pocket. The knowledge can make it easier to license your idea. It can enable you to get a higher royalty. It is invaluable for finding investors. As your idea is engineered for manufacturing, you may find new ways to patent and protect it. Finally, knowing the manufacturing process for your invention can help you increase your idea's chances for market success. Read more...
Manufacturing Your Idea - Invention City Article - Things to know as you move from prototype to production.
- ThomasNet - Comprehensive listings of manufacturers and related service providers.
- GlobalSources.com - Locate manufacturers in the U.S, Asia, Europe and around the world. Search by product or by country.
- Job Shop Network - Find short-run manufacturers.
- MacRae's Blue Book - Find components and service providers.
- RSP Inc is a full service turnkey contract manufacturer experienced in taking designs and prototypes from start up to mass production. RSP factories in the US & China offer high quality manufacturing and assembly for clients large and small. Contact Mike Ryan to discuss your project via phone: 414-546-4417 ext 101; email: email@example.com
- Miles Fiberglass - Produces a variety of products using open molding, vacuum bagging, press molding, and resin transfer molding (RTM) processes. Designs, develops and produces original manufactured products. Finds composite solutions for new inventions visit milesfiberglass.com
- Akro-Plastics/Rotationally Molded Plastic Products - Provides design support, engineering, custom colors, molded-in parts and graphics (metal & plastic inserts, locking hinging), spin welding, post molded graphics, 5-axis CNC trimming, complete assembly, packaging. Metal castings. rotomold.net
- Kroesen Tool - Quality stamped parts. In house die building, laser cutting and custom machining. "Turn key" services - visit kroesentool.com.