What kinds of inventions are most likely to be licensed?
1. Well defined target market.
2. Retail price 5X or more of manufactured cost.
3. Unique and useful benefits delivered by means of a unique structure or process that can be patent protected.
4. Evidence of proven demand by the target market.
5. Working prototype that proves the functions and benefits claimed.
6. Safe and manufacturable with current technologies.
It's a high bar and your invention doesn't need to jump over all of the points to be successfully licensed. But If you have an invention that covers all of those points, the odds of a successful licensing deal are high. At the very least, Invention City would like the chance to consider offering you a deal. You can submit to us for free under a Confidentiality Agreement HERE.
share this article: facebook