Submit Your Invention for a Brutally Honest Review by Mail
Please note that online submission will save you $30 ($95 rather than $125) because our process is designed for electronic submission and offline submissions require much more handling.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING BY MAIL
Please print* and then complete offline.
*Go to "file" beside navigation bar and select "print" or click control+p.
Invention Evaluation & Submission Form by Mail
Step 1: Confidentiality Agreement - Please enter your Name and Invention Name on the agreement below. Please also enter the date and sign in the space provided. Your signature can be typed or entered by using your mouse. A scribble is fine and perfectly legal.
Step 2: Invention Disclosure - Please provide us with contact information so we can communicate with you and also tell us a little bit about your invention.
Step 3: Mail to Invention City – Please certified check or Money Order (no personal checks) for $125 payable to “Invention City, Inc.” and mail with pictures, drawings and written description of your invention to:
Review Invention City, Inc.
Attention Dan Fulford
PO Box 381
Royalton, MN 56373
Please do NOT send prototypes or anything you wish to have returned.
AGREEMENT TO KEEP INFORMATION CONFIDENTIAL
This Agreement to Keep Information Confidential is made and entered into by and between you, the discloser of an invention idea (“Inventor”) and Invention City, Inc., a Massachusetts corporation together with its advisers, (“Reviewer”).
1. Inventor has developed and owns all rights to an idea called the ____________________ (“Product”) and wishes to disclose the Product to Reviewer for evaluation of a possible business relationship (“Disclosure”). Upon executing this Agreement, Inventor will have paid a fee to Reviewer for such Product evaluation. Both Inventor and Reviewer want the Disclosure to remain confidential and proprietary to Inventor as described in this Agreement.
2. Reviewer will hold in confidence all information relating to the Product that Inventor discloses to Reviewer and shall not directly or indirectly disclose to others such information. Reviewer will protect the Disclosure as carefully as it protects own trade secret information. To avoid misunderstanding, all Disclosure information shall be written (either by text or graphic) or tangible; orally transmitted information is not included by this Agreement. Inventor will make clear and keep a record of what information Inventor has disclosed to Reviewer.
3. Inventor retains all rights to the Product and Disclosure.
4. This Agreement does not apply to any information that was already known by Reviewer at the time of Disclosure or was publicly available at the time of Disclosure. This Agreement will cease to apply if Disclosed information becomes publicly available through no fault of Reviewer, is publicly disclosed by Inventor, is independently disclosed to Reviewer by an unrelated third party, or three years from the date of entering into this Agreement.
5. Both Inventor and Reviewer agree that this Agreement does not give either of them any rights to information or property owned by the other. Improvements or modifications to the Disclosure shall be protected under this Agreement when Disclosed as described in section 2.
6. This Agreement may be modified or replaced, without notice, at any time. In such event, the version of Agreement in place at the time of submission and Disclosure shall be in effect.
7. This Agreement is governed only by Massachusetts law. Any dispute under this Agreement that cannot be settled by the parties themselves or with the assistance of a mediator within one month of notice of the dispute (except for the issuance of an injunction) will be settled by arbitration on an accelerated basis by a single arbitrator in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association, both mediation and arbitration to be held in Barnstable, Massachusetts USA. Each party will pay its own expenses of mediation and arbitration, unless the arbitrator chooses to require one party to pay all or a portion of the other party’s expenses.
I understand that I am entering into a legally binding Agreement with Invention City to protect the confidentiality of my Product idea for review. I have been encouraged to consult with advisers of my choice before entering into this Agreement.
Invention City, Inc.
State/Province/Country of residence: _____________________
INVENTION INFORMATION FORM
Best way/time to contact you:___________________________________________
1. What problem does it solve?
2. What stage of development? ___Sketch/Description ___Formal Drawing ___Rough Prototype ___Refined Prototype ___Manufactured Product
3. Patent Status? ___None ___Provisional ___Filed Utility ___Issued
4. Patent (application) number if published: ___________________________
Please enclose additional information that may help us better understand your invention. Please do NOT send anything you wish to have returned.
share this article: facebook