$1 Million Inventor Competition
From Press Release:
AMERICA'S GREATEST MAKERS / SEASON 2
Now Casting: Designers, Engineers, Inventors and Makers!
Calling all Designers, Engineers, Inventors and Makers!
Intel, legendary Executive Producer Mark Burnett, MGM Television and Turner Broadcasting are looking for the most innovative makers to join Season 2 of America's Greatest Makers.
Do you have an amazing idea for the next big smart connected device? Apply now for the chance to make your dream a reality using Intel's latest technology including the Intel Curie Module and upcoming advanced developer platforms that can connect to a broad array of input and output devices (including cameras and displays). Winner walks away with $1 million dollars! What will YOU make?
TECH UPDATE AS OF MAY 3, 2016: INTEL TECHNOLOGY REQUIREMENT
Each team entering the call for casting of America’s Greatest Makers Season 2 is required to integrate at least one of the following innovative Intel® technology options defined below into their product idea. The recommended team skills for each of the technology options are also provided. Additional details about the specifics of the Intel technology hardware and software will be unveiled at the beginning of the competition.
An Intel® Curie™ Compute Module powered board for contestants with smaller form-factor, smart, connected or wearable product ideas.
One option is the Arduino 101* board. Available in retail today, this learning and development board is easy to use and delivers performance with low-power consumption. This board offers Bluetooth® connectivity and features a six-axis accelerometer and gyroscope. With the Bluetooth connectivity feature, there is the opportunity to communicate between the board and a phone or tablet. Learn more about this product here:https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoard101. Recommended team skills- knowledge in Arduino* sketch and basic electronics.
A next-generation Intel® Atom™ processor-based platform providing advanced display, graphics and high-speed I/O in a low-power, small form-factor configuration for product ideas.
With an easy setup and friendly out-of- box experience, this highly-integrated compute solution gives developers the capability to rapidly prototype design concepts. This high-performance platform also offers excellent Intel RealSense™ ZR300 Camera integration. Recommended team skills- C, C++, or Python*; Linux*.
The Intel® RealSense™ ZR300 camera offers a small form-factor solution for contestants who want to add visual depth sensing and tracking capabilities to their product ideas.
ELIGIBILITY AND SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Please be advised that you must meet the following eligibility requirements (which may be changed at any time by Thirteen Enterprises, LLC ["Producer"] in its sole discretion) in order to participate in the Series:
- You must be (i) 18 years of age (or the age of majority in the state in which you reside) or older; or (ii) between 15 years of age and the age of majority in the state in which you reside, provided that a parent or legal guardian registers on your behalf and has agreed on your behalf to this Series Application Packet in full.
- You must be a legal resident of the United States.
- The objective of the competition is to develop innovative technology. The competition requires competence in the area of product design and computer engineering. Although your initial idea does not have to include a solution integrating Intel® products, if you are to advance in the casting process based on your submission, you will be required to incorporate certain Intel® products into your product and you may also be required to import and/or integrate technology owned or controlled by the Intel Corporation and/or a third party into your product.
- The application submission deadline is August 19th midnight PST, 2016.
- Neither you nor any of your immediate family members or anyone living in your household may be nor have been within the past two (2) years employees, contractors, officers, directors or agents of any of the following: (a) Intel Corporation ("Intel"), Producer, UAMG Content, LLC, VIMBY, LLC, any television network(s) and television station(s) which exhibit the Series or which has the right to exhibit the Series, or any television station owned or operated by such television network(s) or station(s) (collectively, the "Network"), or any direct and/or indirect parent direct and/or indirect subsidiary, or affiliated or related entity of any of the foregoing; (b) any person or entity involved in the development, production, distribution or other exploitation of the Series or any variation thereof; (c) any known major sponsor of the Series or its advertising agency; (d) any person or entity supplying services or prizes to the Series.
- You may not be a candidate for public office and must agree not to become a candidate for public office from the date of the Audition and Submitted Materials Release until one (1) year after the initial broadcast of the last episode of the Series in which you appear.
- You may not have been convicted of a felony or have felony or misdemeanor criminal charges pending against you.
- You must voluntarily submit to a background check.
- Producer, it its sole discretion, will determine who among the people interviewed will be placed into the pool of potential contestants for the final selection process.
- For the final casting selection process, you must be willing to travel to Los Angeles, CA, for up to six (6) days. Pre-approved economy travel (round-trip to and from Los Angeles, CA and your home in the United States) and lodging to be provided and paid for by Producer. Producer reserves the right to change the location and/or add additional locations at any time.
- You will need to be available for the production of the Series, as well as any promotional appearances required by Intel, Producer and/or the broadcasters of the Series, and be willing to travel to one or more locations designated by the Producer in its sole discretion. You will need to keep Producer reasonably apprised of any conflicts that arise between your schedule and the production or promotional schedule.
- You may enter as a team of collaborators. A team may have no more than three (3) members attend the final selection process and participate in the primary production of the Series. Accordingly, all of these three (3) members must complete the Series Application Packet. Additional collaborators may participate in the production of the Series during home follows (if any), as directed by Producer and will be required to complete paperwork at a later date if your team advances in the casting process; your team's selection as a finalist will be contingent upon all collaborators executing all paperwork required by Producer. If participating as a team, you must designate one (1) team leader who will be the contact and representative for the team. Each team may only submit one (1) product.
- In order to accept an invitation to participate in the Series, you must timely complete and return the Series Application Packet and a Background Questionnaire and Participant Agreement that will be furnished to you by Thirteen Enterprises, LLC, and any other documents that Thirteen Enterprises, LLC may reasonably require in its sole discretion.
- If you choose to submit a video in connection with your product application, the video may be a maximum of three (3) minutes. You must have permission from all individuals who appear in the video aspect of your presentation (if any) to use their name and likeness and to grant the rights set forth in the Series Application Packet (which includes, without limitation, the Audition and Submitted Materials Release). You must also have the permission of all individuals who participate in the production of your video to use the video and to grant the rights for Producer to use it.
- If your video includes individuals who are at least age 15 but younger than the age of majority in the individual's jurisdiction of residence, such individuals may only be included in the video aspect of your application if you are the individual's parent or legal guardian;
- Application materials must not contain any material that violates or infringes another's rights including without limitation, intellectual property rights, infringement, privacy or publicity;
- Application materials must not disparage or adversely affect the name, brand, image, reputation or goodwill of Intel, Producer, UAMG Content, LLC, VIMBY, LLC, Network, or any other person or entity associated with the Series. Application materials must not contain any viruses, worms, spy ware, or other components or instructions that are malicious, deceptive, or designed to limit or harm the functionality of a computing device;
- Application materials must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- Applications must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- Applications must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations of the United States or that violates the terms and conditions of any third-party video platform to which content has been uploaded, including but not limited to YouTube.com, Youku.com, or Tudou.com.
All eligibility and submission determinations shall be made solely by Producer and Intel in their sole discretion and are final and binding in all respects. Producer and Intel reserve the right to modify the eligibility and submission requirements at any time. Nothing herein requires Producer or Intel to select you to participate or to continue with the project for any reason. By submitting your Series Application Packet, you acknowledge and agree to these eligibility and submission requirements and to adhere to them.
Submission deadline is August 19th midnight PST
Please make sure every team member in your group fills out their own application
Thank you for your interest in applying to participate in the second production cycle of the multi-platform audiovisual series presently entitled "America's Greatest Makers" (working title) (the "Series"). In order to complete your application process, you must complete the following four steps.
Please note: In order to accept an invitation to participate in the Series, you must timely complete and return this Series Application Packet and a Background Questionnaire and Participant Agreement that will be furnished to you by Thirteen Enterprises, LLC, and any other documents that Thirteen Enterprises, LLC may reasonably require in its sole discretion.
All application materials become property of Thirteen Enterprises, LLC and will not be returned. If you would like to retain a copy, please make one prior to sending in your materials.
YOU HAVE AN ONGOING OBLIGATION TO INFORM THIRTEEN ENTERPRISES, LLC IN WRITING IF YOUR RESPONSES TO ANY OF THE BELOW CHANGE AT ANY TIME.
MINOR APPLICANT'S PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIANS MUST SIGN THE ATTACHED PARENTAL/GUARDIAN CONSENT IN ORDER FOR THE MINOR APPLICANT TO BE CONSIDERED FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE SERIES. IF SUBMITTING HARD COPIES, PLEASE DO NOT WRITE ON THE BACK OF ANY OF THE DOCUMENTS AND PLEASE WRITE LEGIBLY. ADD ADDITIONAL PAGES IF NECESSARY.
share this article: facebook