Invention Engineering & Design
- Industrial Design Society of America
- Bleck Design Group is an award winning full service industrial design firm in the Boston area that develops ideas from concept stage through engineering for manufacturing.
- American Institute of Graphic Artists (AIGA)
Workshops, conferences, once-a-year directory (only available to members) discounts (healthcare, overnight mail, dining...), annual competition, gallery.
- American Society of Interior Designers (ASID)
Marketing and communications, partnerships with industry, conferences, on-line services, merchandising opportunities, and awards and competitions.
- Assoc. of Women Industrial Designers (AWID)
- Center for Design & Business
Assists manufacturers and business owners in the utilization of design to develop more competitive products and businesses; provides guidance to businesses and individuals in the process of bringing new product designs and inventions to market, and provides business skills to artists and designers who are running businesses.
- Corporate Design Foundation (CDF)
Research and documentation of the impact of design in business; new teaching curricula and materials for use in business education; design leadership programs.
- Design Exchange
Publications: website, on-line encyclopedia, ``DX book", ``HVC book", Journal, Exchange ; IRAP: business assistance, design feasibility reports, research grants; Design Lab; Internships; TAP: Design Intranet; Business Exhibits; School Tours, Design Fairs; Student Competitions; Lectures; Seminars; Professional Development Workshops; Export Missions; and International Promotion. Membership.
- Organization of Black Designers
Education to businesses and private communities to the function and necessity of good design within environment.
- Product Development & Management Association (PDMA)
- Rhode Island School for Design
- GoGGIN Research Corp. combines state-of-the-art technology, and design creativity to provide businesses with a broad spectrum of product development and engineering services.
Multi-Discipline & Plastics
- InventAde 3-D Prototypes Designed by Engineers - 3-D prototyping is a vital step to success. InventAde provides a complete 3-D CAD and rapid prototyping service - the inventor can visualize the invention with 3-D Computer Aided Design (CAD) and then have it quickly made into a 3-D prototype. Contact email: email@example.com Phone: (209) 327-5119 Mail: PO Box 670, Lodi, CA 95241 web site: www.InventAde.com
- Invent Resources - Senior scientists with MIT backgrounds develop new inventions and technologies for clients on a contract basis. This service is called Invention Upon Demand. The group has 100 issued patents and 500 technologies seeking licensees. Web site: www.weinvent.com
- How Stuff Works - Learn about how things work at this interesting site.
- McMaster-Carr - McMaster-Carr has a broad selection of materials, parts and products useful for prototyping.
- ThomasNet - Comprehensive listings of service providers.
share this article: facebook